Reporting to the Director of Innovation, the technical director, in close collaboration with the Film and Video Finishing supervisors, is responsible for advancing and optimizing the division’s existing services and expanding the technical links with other divisions concerned with film and video post-production (dailies, visual effects, distribution, etc.). The technical director’s main film and video finishing responsibilities include: offline and online editing, digital intermediate, color correction, digital cinema and film digitization. The technical director is expected to monitor technological innovations so s/he is always up to date about emerging trends and can act as a reference in the field of digital imaging and any related areas of knowledge.
- Ensure consistency between the projects’ technical requirements and operational processes, from dailies to DCP and video deliverables ;
- Develop innovative work practices, integrate the latest technologies, and continually strive for further improvements ;
- Monitor technological trends and conduct research and development in order to analyze and become expert in new digital imaging technologies ;
- Join the MELS innovation team, which is responsible for ensuring the company’s internal technological coherence ;
- Actively contribute to the development of new services ;
- Develop and maintain close business ties with our main suppliers of digital film and video equipment and services ;
- Coordinate the installation of new equipment and tools, oversee their running-in period, and ensure appropriate training for the staff concerned ;
- Maintain and update the division’s existing equipment and collaborate closely with the IT and engineering team whenever new equipment is installed ;
- Contribute her/his expertise during production meetings and answer any technical questions that customers or colleagues in other divisions may have ;
- Any other related tasks.
- Diploma of College Studies in a relevant subject area
- Specialized IT skills in one or more fields an asset
- Seven (7) years’ experience in film and video post-production
- Two (2) years’ relevant experience in image engineering
- Proven skills in color science and digital imaging
- Good knowledge of physics, particularly optics (projection and light emission)
- Konwledge of French language is an asset
- Excellent degree of personal organization; Independence and ability to adapt; Demonstrated ability to handle several projects simultaneously; Attention to detail, adept management of priorities, resourcefulness; Ability to work under pressure; Ability to work in a team and strong delegation skills; Good sense of what it means to be an effective educator: excellent communication skills, using plain, easy-to-understand language; Drive and passion.
Merci de bien vouloir soumettre votre candidature à firstname.lastname@example.org.